9 Feb 2014

G4VXE sked on 2m JT65B tonight

At 2000z I have a sked on 2m JT65B with G4VXE in Oxfordshire (IO91). Tim is running 25W to a V2000 vertical and me 2W to a V2000 vertical.  I hope we make the sked successfully especially hoping I get copied OK.

UPDATE  2040z: Although I could clearly see G4VXE (with 25-30W) sending JT65B when using Spectran I go no decodes from Tim, which cannot be right. I suspect finger trouble with my software (WSJT9). In the other direction my 2W was only copied as the occasional sync pulse and no decodes. G4VXE would have been workable on CW so I must be doing something wrong at my end with JT65B.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Thank you again for the sked, Roger. The band was very noisy with me last night. However, I am pretty sure I did see your signal a couple of times and WSJT saw some syncs.

I will update my WSJT to the latest version - it could well be that was the reason that you weren't decoding me.

I'm more than happy to try CW or JT9 with you as well.

Vy 73, Tim G4VXE

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks for the sked Tim. We should try JT65B again when I am properly familiar with the software. I think JT9 is better optimised for lower frequencies?