1 Mar 2014

Help please! JT9-1 and JT65HF

Today I downloaded the latest  V1.3 JT9-1 ( and JT65) software from the Princeton University site. Although I can see my digital CQ calls are being received all over the place (looking at PSK reporter) I get ZERO decodes on the JT-9 screen although I can see plenty of JT9-1 signals at good strength on the waterfall. I cannot work out why no callsigns are decoded at all.

Settings for external audio and PTT VOX are as for WSPR, so interfaces to the SignaLink USB are fine. The FT817 is set to DIG with same settings as for WSPR (USB -U on  PSK settings as for WSPR)  and PSK31 works OK as I am getting QSOs.

Anyone care to suggest what (simple) things I may be doing wrong with JT9-1? It MUST be something VERY basic.

5 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Roger, I had a similair problem wih the FT817. Filtering of the FT817 is not as wide as for instance a IC-706. All signals above 2500Hz are decoded as JT9 and below as JT65. You can alter this in the wide graph on the left second box. Or you can tune a little higher with the radio. I prefer to tune 100Hz or 200Hz above main tuning frequency if I want to do some JT9-1. 73, Bas

Roger G3XBM said...

Bas, I cannot even see JT65 decodes!! Plenty of JT65 decodes with a different package JT65HF. Plenty of JT65 and JT9-1 signals on the waterfall but with the newest WSJTX package - absolutely nothing decodes at all. All settings on FT817ND and SignaLink USB work fine for JT65HF and for WSPR. Leaves me puzzled. Any more ideas please?

SV1GRN said...

In the menu mode have a look if JT65 selected, in down left corner receiving must be green also monitor.
Another solution is completely unistalling (with a utility such revo uninstaller) wsjt-x, reboot and install again. Good luck.
73

Hans said...

Hi Roger. Did you check your clock and does it synchronized. Use f.e. Dimension4. If my clock is not correct than no decode. 73 Hans, PE1BVQC

Roger G3XBM said...

Yes, clock is WELL synced to internet time every few minutes. It is NOT that!