8 Jul 2014

Ultimate 3 kit build

I thought my hands and eyes were good enough to make a start on this kit, which I have only just unpacked, having had it for months. I was waiting until I was less clumsy. When built, this will make a really useful WSPR beacon.

The packing is wrong as I had asked for a GPS module, which is missing, but there is a surplus relay board in the box.  I was very careful unpacking the kit. and have left in packets those parts not yet needed. Some are anti-static.

Sadly, my eyes and hands are not really good enough: I started on the 10m LPF PCB and, frankly, this was a real struggle both for my eyes and hands. Tomorrow I shall test this with my generator and 50 ohm load.

Two people have very kindly offered their help building the kit. I fear I shall have to admit defeat and ask them to help me. This is a great pity as I was so hoping I'd be fit enough to build this. Sadly, this seems unlikely any time soon.  My stroke is taking its toll on my abilities. WSPR is OK, but I am struggling with building still.  Talking in tonight's contest will be hard.

2 comments:

ken said...

Hi Roger,
my GPS module was wrapped in antistatic and is very small (approx 1/2 in sq)and I initially thought it was missing, so maybe you need to check any small packets you have not open yet?

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Ken. Will double check unopened packets.

73s
Roger G3XBM