15 Aug 2014

10m Es - Iberia all day

10m has been open by Es virtually all day long to the Iberian peninsula (Spain and Portugal). 10m Es is far from ended this summer. I suspect that even 6m will have been good on Es today.

Somewhat surprisingly I have seen no evidence here (yet) of F2 propagation. I was expecting to copy FR1, ZS or V53 already but no signs. It may be just that there are no WSPR stations active in the right places? Maybe we'll see S.America later? LU7YW is active on 10m WSPR currently and could well be copyable if the 10m band opens in that direction. We'll see within the next few hours.

Later this evening, I shall be returning to 472kHz WSPR, hopeful of more spots and spotters. Probably not before dark.

UPDATE 1800z:   Germany too spotting me at around 1644z.  Still no signs of any F2 propagation on WSPR.

UPDATE 1920z:  27 10m WSPR spots by CT1JTQ today. I have now QSYed to 472kHz WSPR.

No comments: