28 Aug 2014

10m - quiet here so far today on WSPR

Sunspot count is 82 (disturbed) today and 20-30MHz propagation is forecast to be "poor". It seems unlikely I will see F2 propagation today on 10m, but you never can be sure on 10m. My PC stopped WSPR running around breakfast time (more updates?) and on restarting the software just G0LRD (25km) spotting me so far. Es is always possible.

I may return to 472kHz later today if things stay quiet on 10m.

UPDATE 1950z:  Well, 10m is always a band of surprises! CX2ABP (11127km) was copied several times after tea by N-S F2 and CT1JTQ (1843km) by Es. The PC was off (being swapped) most of the afternoon so I may have missed some of the action on 10m.

UPDATE 2000z:  Will be going QRT on 10m shortly.  472kHz (maybe) tomorrow night.

3 comments:

David (G0LRD) said...

Roger,
Having tried all of the different WSPR versions, the only one that seems stable for more than 24 hours is the oldest V2.0.
David

Roger G3XBM said...

My is the latest version 2 but I think it is when my Win 8.1 PC does updates that the program closes. I could fix this to update when I choose. Probably QSYing to 472kHz shortly.

Roger G3XBM said...

Just swapped PCs so my wife has the Win 8.1 version with 1TB hard drive and I have the older Win 7 one.