12 Sept 2014

10m Es

Yet again 10m Es is "playing ball" with EA7 and DL (645km) copied today.  I am convinced that regular WSPR use will reveal further short Es openings when we least expect them. I hope stations stick with 10m in the quieter months so we really build a picture of 10m Es in the months outside of the peak summer months.
10m unique spots on WSPR Set 12th 2014 - far from a dead band!
UPDATE 1600z:  PA0O (440km) has been spotted just now but unsure if this is tropo or Es.  A good range if tropo but very short skip if Es.

3 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Roger, PA0O is almost my neighbour. I think it was probabely backscatter? Or groundwave prop. Es seems to unlikely. Propagation on 10m right now is good. See stations from south and middle america on JT modes. Just finished QSO with LU and CX QRP of course! 73, Bas

Roger G3XBM said...

F2 backscatter? Yes I suppose this is possible. What I am attributing to Es could also be this mode too.

Roger G3XBM said...

BTW, well done Bas on working those South Americans on 10m JT modes.