14 Sept 2014

Now South America too on 10m WSPR

After loads and loads of spots (both ways) with USA stations on 10m WSPR this afternoon, I now see PT2WWV (8873km), in Brasilia, is being spotted on the band, 8 times so far. 10m has been in excellent shape again. I shall leave WSPR running all this evening and maybe through the night again.  PT2WWV has been spotted at up to 0dB S/N i.e.very strong indeed. He is running 5W.

By the way, 4X1RF (3519km) has spotted me 25 times today. There is also GDX about: G3RCE (185km) spotted several times this afternoon.  Even at 1826z I am still being spotted in the USA.  Incredible 10m conditions again.

UPDATE 1930z:  N2OTO and PT2WWV still both pounding in here.

UPDATE 2010z:   PT2WWV still coming through here. Spotted 18 times today so far and it may continue for longer .N2OTO coming through here,

UPDATE 2110z:  Just locals since 2010z. Is that it for the "real DX"  today? An hour gone since the last DX.

UPDATE 2112z:  I spoke too soon as N2OTO has just been spotted. The opening to the USA is still going on and on...

7 comments:

Bob G3WKW said...

But you will note that there has only been that one station on WSPR in Latin America in the last 6 hours, I switched to JT65 at 1200z and clocked up 29 different stations in Latin America. Perhaps as you say the internet is less available and JT65 does not require it. Surprisingly few report their spots.

Roger G3XBM said...

In my current condition WSPR is somewhat easier. I am sure you are right about WSPR and JT65 activity levels Bob.

Anonymous said...

Bands have certainly been good, but have a care when looking at the last 12 Hours MF activity, there are some wonderful contacts but sadly DL5RBD was making them on 20M.

Alan G8LCO

Bob G3WKW said...

Roger, when you use WSJT-X are you using JT-Alert as well or are you running it stand alone? I only find it tricky when someone breaks protocol by sending RRR 73TU instead of the proper response and I end up replying to RRR instead!

Roger G3XBM said...

I have used both together in the past Bob. With WSPR I am happy to set it running and monitor. With JT65 and JT9-1 when I call CQ I think I need to be there to answer.

Roger G3XBM said...

Alan - noted! I have been on 10m all day.

Bob G3WKW said...

Fair point Rog, but I am happy to leave it running on monitor, review the results on PSKreporter, and get audio alerts when there is a CQ, just cherry pick some to reply top and see where I get spotted. Point of interest the Flex-6300 is stable enough for JT9 on ten which the Ft897 was not with original TCXO. And I did push it to 40 watts today, might try the full 100 some time to see how that holds up. But this morning the waterfall on WSPR had a lot of Doppler and I don't think it was aircraft.