29 Oct 2014

30m WSPR transceiver kit

By now, you probably realise that I just love WSPR. With quite simple equipment it is possible to be decoded across the planet consistently with real QRP power levels.   I am always on the look-out for new ideas, although until my health improves I am not in a position to build too much myself. See http://www.knology.net/~gmarcus/WSPR/wspr_v4.pdf for an example of a complete 30m WSPR transceiver.

This is NOT a new circuit  - it has been around for some years - and it still needs a PC for the WSPR software. Some TX-only WSPR beacons use microprocessors to generate the WSPR TX messages, thereby freeing up the PC and consuming little power overall. Some sync to GPS to avoid timing issues too.

2 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi Roger, nice kit. I like WSPR also. I am interested in propagation, and this is a good method to check it out. 73 Paul PC4T

Roger G3XBM said...

Yes Paul, WSPR is perfect for propagation studies.