11 Nov 2014

How do they ever make a profit?

On the internet you can buy a dual-band handheld with antenna, battery, chargers(2), earpiece and belt clip for just £25.29. At this price I find it unbelievable they can make a profit. I think it is even cheaper if you buy a batch of 3.
 .
See http://www.banggood.com/LBaofeng-UV-5RA-Yellow-Dual-Band-Transceiver-Radio-Wakie-Talkie-p-947385.html  .

Shipping is just 29p. shipped to the UK by registered air parcel. It is available in a variety of case colours.

4 comments:

G1KQH said...

Looks like I have converted you Roger, to this Banggood malarky?

Good isn't it! Wished this stuff had been around when I passed the RAE. A Handheld then, was around £200 for a 2m set "not Dualband" like the Baofeng..

Its never being a better time to get involved in the hobby. Baofengs, cheap SDR with TV dongles, the kits Chinese ones too, and of course the Hams that write all the lovely FREE software.

I could go on but we were poor in my day. A crystal set was something with an OA81 and variable cap out of a scrap radio from under the bench down at the TV shop and a piece of wood begged from the undertaker..

73 G1KQH

G1KQH said...

Mind you I have found the UV-5R even cheaper from the UK £22.99p inc postage!:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UV-5R-BAOFENG-Dual-Band-UHF-VHF-Radio-dual-display-free-one-ear-loop-earpiece-/140960682752?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones_Communication_Ham_Radio_Receivers_Transceivers&hash=item20d1e95300

73 G1KQH

Roger G3XBM said...

If cheaper, I knew you would find it Steve!

G1KQH said...

Only I find the best deals Roger!



73 Steve