7 Nov 2014

Trying 6m WSPR again today

Well, I must be a masochist! I am yet again trying 6m WSPR in the hope of some GDX, Europeans or even some TEP. As yet, nothing at all - dead.  I am using 30dBm ERP from my vertical V2000 VHF/UHF antenna.

UPDATE 1130z:  So far on 6m it has been totally dead with not the slightest hint of signals - no MS pings, no aircraft Doppler from possible GDX - absolutely nothing seen at a.ll.  It looks as if today will be as bad as the other recent days when I tried 6m WSPR. A pity, but I'll keep trying.

UPDATE 1404z:  Still absolutely nothing at all on 6m WSPR.  I'll keep going for this afternoon, but I really am getting nowhere on the band.  It suggests the Europeans on 10m are probably F layer backscatter otherwise I might have expected some Europeans on 6m Es too.There are no stations at all copyable on 6m.

UPDATE 1635z:  6m still absolutely DEAD here still.  Will continue to try until after tea time.

UPDATE 1715z:  I have (reluctantly) concluded, again, that out of season 6m WSPR is a total waste of time. Today is the 5th day in recent weeks I have tried and not a single station has been seen on the screen (even those not decoding ) or spotted me. I think it is time to call it a day on 6m WSPR. Tomorrow iI shal try on a different band.

UPDATE 1930z:   That's it then.  After 5 DAYS of trying on 6m WSPR I am now going QRT as I have been spotted by no-one and no-one has spotted me. It was a dead loss and total wasted effort. QSYing shortly to MF.

3 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

You're a brave man Roger. I don't expect anything on 6m. But it's called the magic band. Anything can happen! Good luck, 73, Bas

Roger G3XBM said...

I am still trying Bas, but nothing so far at all. This the 5th time I've tried in recent weeks.

Roger G3XBM said...

In the end I gave up on 6m. I either need much more ERP or to keep to the main Es months on 6m.