25 Feb 2015

Invisible disabilities

I have come to the conclusion that it is better to be disabled in a visible way than  have a disability that cannot be seen easily. On a walk this afternoon at Anglesey Abbey there were quite a few people who were clearly disabled.

My wife says when I walk you cannot tell I have a disability. Inside, I still feel like I am drunk, I tire easily and I still feel wobbly when walking.  My voice is still poor and swallow of thin liquids is poor.

Most people think I am fine now. I am still a long way from that although I still feel I am making slow improvements.  My current disability is invisible to many.

The ongoing after-effects of my cerebellum brain bleed are the reason I try to avoid too much speaking on the air. WSPR is my favourite mode as no talking is needed. JT65 and JT9-1 are my favourite 2-way digital modes. Although I have used PSK31 I don't much like it as too many use macros.

No comments: