4 Dec 2015

QSYed

Not long ago I decided to go QRT on 6m WSPR (no spots) and fire up 630m (472kHz) WSPR instead. So far, their are zero spots on 10m WSPR, which rather surprised me. I am still on 10m WSPR too and will remain active on 10m WSPR until after dark. After dark, I shall be exclusively on 472kHz until Sat breakfast time.

UPDATE 1500z:  I see that LA3EQ (769km) has been spotted in broad daylight this afternoon on 472kHz WSPR. This is without the RX preamp. He is a few dB above the noise threshold with me. No doubt with the preamp in he would be quite a decent signal.

UPDATE 1614z:   Much to my surprise K9AN (6505km) spotted me on 10m WSPR at 1536z and 1538z this afternoon. After the poor start on 10m this was not expected.

UPDATE 1734z:  M0LMH (223km) has spotted my 5mW ERP on 472kHz several times in daylight this afternoon.

4 comments:

Jan Lustrup LA3EQ said...

Thanks for the daylight spot on 472kHz WSPR today..was this received with your earth probe setup or the straped vertical?
I am running 1,3 Amps RF to 10 meter high inverted "L", now with 3 parallel 25meter long top wires (each wire spaced 0,5m).
Jan LA3EQ

Roger G3XBM said...

All the time I am using the earth-electrode "antenna" Jan both on TX and RX. The electrode spacing is much smaller than at the old QTH. We moved to this QTH about 2 years and 3 months ago.

Jan Lustrup LA3EQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan Lustrup LA3EQ said...

Very impressive Roger....Good jobb...
Now if I only could decode you too!!!! Crossing fingers....Maybe Opera 8 mode could do it?

Jan