21 Feb 2016

IC7300 First Impressions

AmateurRadio.com has a nice link to AB4BJ's blog on first impressions of the ICOM IC7300 transceiver including videos that I have not seen before. Look for Amateur Radio Weekly - issue 99.

If you are considering this radio, it is worth checking out. He was impressed. So was I.  At the moment, the IC7300 looks the favorite for my shack unless Yaesu announces a neat FT817 replacement that is stable, bug-free and available in the UK later this year at a sensible price.

As an IC703 replacement, I'd prefer a low power version, but this is unlikely to be available with CE (EU approvals) marking outside of Japan. 10W would suit me fine.

See http://ab4bj.com/wordpress/2016/02/first-impressions-of-the-icom-ic-7300-hf-6m-transceiver/?utm_source=amateur-radio-weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The review doesn't answered my qustion: Is there any IF output from 7300 for working with a pc? If its a sdr radio I want ot work it with hpsdr or similar software. 73

Roger G3XBM said...

"Anonymous", please leave your name and callsign if you have one. The policy here is to delete comments unless I know who has sent it. No offence intended. Hope you understand.

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Oops, when I click the link: This Account has been suspended. 73 Paul PC4T

Jan, OZ9QV said...

As far as I can see, since this radio uses direct sampling at RF frequencies, I would not expect any physical IF output. There could be a virtual one.

Vy 73 de Jan, OZ9QV

Roger G3XBM said...

Paul Stam, I hope it still works! It does for me.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Interesting videos. Indeed not seen before. Great view on the filtering options. Sounds really nice. I almost can't wait to read real users experiences. 73, Bas