5 Feb 2016

Inspiron battery issue

Advice needed! I am in need of some help please.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop which recently was updated to Windows 10. Most of the time it was used as the shack computer with a mains cable attached. Recently, it has been used elsewhere in the house mainly for web browsing. It has an after-market battery pack that is not that old.

My problem is the battery (which started at 30% charged) has gradually lost charge and now shows 0% and the laptop only works when plugged in on mains. Despite adjusting all the battery management plans the battery will not charge! I cannot see how to make it charge at all.

My question is....

Is there a way of making the battery charge, maybe by adjusting something in the BIOS?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger,

There are a lot of fake aftermarket battery packs for laptops on sale. They mostly originate from China and have only a fraction of the stated capacity, and often fail completely after just a few months use. I have also bought other rechargeable batteries from a few overseas suppliers on a well known auction site, very few of these have ever provided anything like the rated capacity.

As an example I recently bought an IBM Lenovo battery pack that had all the appropriate makings and stickers, but when it failed and I opened it up, it was quite clear that it wasn't the genuine article.

Your's may not be a fake, but be careful if you chose to buy a replacement.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

www.g8jnj.net
www.tc2m.info
http://websdr.suws.org.uk/


gj7rwt said...

I am afraid its going to be a case of purchasing a new battery. This is what happened to my ten year old xp laptop. I've decided to call it a day with that laptop and am now using a raspberry pi in its place.

73's
De Andy