13 Mar 2016

Spring at last

Rear lawn after first grass cut
The Met Office (our UK weather bureau) treats the start of spring as March 1st. Well, there was no doubt that here it is now spring. Today I cut the back lawn for the first time since the autumn.

It was a day of b's: bench, beer (on the garden bench after doing the lawn), buzzard (overhead), bees, butterflies, blooms and blossom. Today really felt like a spring day. We have had a mild, wet winter but it has seemed endless. Today, the garden was calling.

Oh to be in England now that spring is here.  Honestly, there were times when I thought I would not see it.

This is another view of the rear garden in which you can see the V2000 (6m, 2m and 70m vertical) and the big-wheel (2m horizontal omni) antennas. If you click on the image you may be able to make out the 2m halo and maybe my wire for 10m, 20m and 40m. Not visible is the earth-electrode "antenna" in the ground which I use on 472kHz TX and RX.  With 5mW ERP using the earth-electrode "antenna" on 472kHz WSPR I was received in Norway again last night.  Next autumn I must get a long wire for LF/MF strung up!

No comments: