10 Nov 2016

Trump - NOT amateur radio

OK, I am no expert on politics but, like many, I take an interest in the USA presidential elections. I am amazed, although not totally surprised, that so many supported Trump and that he won. I am sure to many there he represents "the American Dream". He also tapped into the general discontent felt by many across the world in the "ruling class elite".

There is, at the present time, a swing to the right. In many ways the politicians in many nations have lost the confidence of many in their nations. Things will swing back when the electors feel they are being represented by those they empower to rule and make decisions.

Time will tell whether or not a rich billionaire really can command the respect of the common man and woman of the USA. In my view neither main candidate was a good choice.

No comments: